Current funding opportunities for MA & PhD in Theology:
- MA in Theology Scholarship
- Fulbright scholarship (tuition waiver and living expenses for US students)
- Saint Geertruids Loan Foundation — International Theology students from low-income background (€2,500 scholarship)
- VSB Fund Research Grant (up to €10,000 for 3-24 months) for students that have completed a BA or MA at a Dutch university and wish to conduct further research abroad at an institution of their choice.
- Catharina Hawkes Award (€1,500) for projects on Theology, Gender, and Feminism
- Additional scholarships and funding for international MA & PhD students from the UK, North America, Latin America, and Asia.
- Fully-funded PhD Vacancies and Flexible Long-Distance PhD opportunities
- Postdoctoral Fellowships: Radboud Excellence Initiative
- Bi-annual deadline: 1 May & 1 Nov
- For non-Dutch early career researchers who are based outside of the Netherlands
- 25 MA scholarships (tuition waiver) available every year
For more info, email theology [at] ru.nl
Why Study Theology at Radboud?
- Recently, Radboud was world ranked as a Top-50 University for Theology and Religion by QS World Rankings and Top-1oo University for the Arts & Humanities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Radboud is world-ranked by THE Europe in the Top-25 for Teaching and Radboud’s MA in Theology ranked best program in the country
- Low tuition fees compared with many universities in the UK, USA, Europe and elsewhere in the Netherlands!
- Competitive funding is available for International students
- Flexible specialization routes across a variety of interdisciplinary research pathways
- More affordable accommodation than elsewhere in the Netherlands!
- 1 year MA Theology and 3 year residential MA program and 4 year PhD program
- Small class size with Student-Teacher ratio of 19:1 on average
- Awarded the best traditional university in the Netherlands
- Diverse student population from 94 different countries [PDF]
- Recently, Nijmegen was named the safest city in the Netherlands
- Radboud has the greenest campus in the Netherlands
- Major cities and airports in Europe are just a train journey away
- Many interdisciplinary programs ideal for International Student Exchanges
- Philosophy, Theology, and Religious Studies courses offered in English
- Housing for visiting PhD students and Visiting Research Fellows
- Buy a refurbished bike at BikeWerk or rent one with Swapfiets for easy travel in Nijmegen
- How to use public transportation in the Netherlands [Video 1 & Video 2]
- Bus times and map [more info]
- Free legal advice
Interested in completing your graduate studies in the Netherlands?
With more international students coming to the Netherlands and to Radboud University for university education, it is important to find the right one for your needs. Why pay up to $40,000 per year (on average) for college tuition in the USA when you can come to the Netherlands to obtain the same degree at a far lower tuition rate?
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is a world-ranked research university and one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. With a Roman past, Nijmegen is the oldest city in the Netherlands.
Studying Theology in the broad Catholic tradition gives students from all walks of life the opportunity to flourish as a scholar amid a variety of perspectives in an ecumenical context.
Radboud’s Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies currently offers:
Programs are offered in English and international students are encouraged to apply.
Don’t let high tuition fees prevent you from further study
Read more about FAQ studying in Holland.
- Read more about practical issues regarding PhD stipends, office space, housing, etc.
- Read more about creating a student budget and other expenses
- Practical info for current students upon arrival to Nijmegen