Current funding opportunities for MA & PhD in Theology:
- MA in Theology Scholarship for US/UK and other non-EU students (full tuition waiver + accommodation expenses covered)
- MA Philosophy Scholarship for US students (€ 5,000 award)
- Fulbright scholarship (tuition waiver and living expenses for US students)
- Saint Geertruids Loan Foundation — International Theology students from low-income background (€2,500 scholarship)
- VSB Fund Research Grant (up to €10,000 for 3-24 months) for students that have completed a BA or MA at a Dutch university and wish to conduct further research abroad at an institution of their choice.
- Catharina Hawkes Award (€1,500) for projects on Theology, Gender, and Feminism
- Additional scholarships and funding for international MA & PhD students from the UK, North America, Latin America, and Asia.
- Fully-funded PhD Vacancies and Flexible Long-Distance PhD opportunities
- Postdoctoral Fellowships: Radboud Excellence Initiative
- Bi-annual deadline: 1 May & 1 Nov
- For non-Dutch early career researchers who are based outside of the Netherlands
- 25 MA scholarships (tuition waiver) available every year
For more info, email theology [at] ru.nl
Why Study Theology at Radboud?
- Radboud is world ranked as a Top-50 University for Theology and Religion by QS World Rankings and Top-1oo University for the Arts & Humanities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Radboud MA in Theology ranked best program in the country
- Low tuition fees compared with other universities in the UK, USA, and the Netherlands!
- Competitive funding is available for International postgraduate students
- Flexible specialization routes across a variety of interdisciplinary research pathways
- 2 year residential MA program and 4 year PhD program
- Small class size with Student-Teacher ratio of 19:1 on average
- Awarded the best traditional university in the Netherlands
- Diverse student population from 94 different countries [PDF]
- Recently, Nijmegen was named the safest city in the Netherlands
- Radboud has the greenest campus in the Netherlands
- Major cities and airports in Europe are just a train journey away
- Many interdisciplinary programs ideal for International Student Exchanges
- Philosophy, Theology, and Religious Studies courses offered in English
- Housing for visiting PhD students and Visiting Research Fellows
- For more info, go here
- Rent a bike for easy travel in Nijmegen with Swapfiets
Interested in completing your graduate studies in the Netherlands?
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is a world-ranked research university and one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. With a Roman past, Nijmegen is the oldest city in the Netherlands.
Studying Theology in the broad Catholic tradition gives students from all walks of life the opportunity to flourish as a scholar amid a variety of perspectives in an ecumenical context.
Radboud’s Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies currently offers:
Programs are offered in English and international students are encouraged to apply.
Don’t let high tuition fees prevent you from further study
Read more about FAQ studying in Holland.
- Read more about practical issues regarding PhD stipends, office space, housing, etc.
- Read more about creating a student budget and other expenses